Pack a Wallop with Wallpapers: 6 Great Wallpaper Designs for Your Bathroom Walls
Wallpapers are perhaps one of the most effective ways of transforming your bathroom look without having to compromise your bathroom space. Perfect for smaller bathrooms that require higher functionality, wallpapers give your bathrooms a personalized appeal that complements your overall home décor.
Opting for bathroom wallpaper can be confusing due to their availability in frankly infinite designs. Moreover, it is also important to have a wallpaper that suits your bathroom space. Not doing so can make your bathroom appear congested.
Here are 6 great wallpaper designs for your inspiration:
- Monochrome: One of the most famous décor designs of the present times, monochrome never fails. Be it a small bathroom or large, having a monochrome wallpaper upholds the entire look. You can go for floating shapes like clouds or geometric shapes like squares and circles.
A perfect way to compliment them would be by angular black finishes for railings, shower, and mirror. Mock-wood flooring with black finish is a plus. All this along with the white marble sink, bathtub will give your bathroom a perfect modern look without being over-the-top.
- Splatter paint: Effective for not just large bathrooms but small as well, opting for a splatter paint dual-color wallpaper can greatly enhance the looks. Go for muted colors as the splatter design in bright colors might get overwhelming.
The splatter goes perfectly well with white-marble sinks and white-tiled flooring. To add richness, try adding gold, copper or bronze faucets, knobs and pulls.
- Rustic: Rusticity has its own unique look and elegance. You can, if you want, add this elegance to your bathroom as well. A great way to do this is by going for a branches-and-woods themed wallpaper that has a white or off-white base. Do not go for much deeper shades of brown, stay muted instead.
To further the rusticity of your bathroom, get a wooden-finish mirror along with bronze-finish light fixtures. All these colors have a rustic nature that will help carry the overall look of your bathroom. Place a brown tree pot with a few multi-colored flowers to complete the look.
- For the ceiling: A wallpaper does not necessarily have to be set up on the walls. A great way to add a personal touch to your bathroom is to go for a ceiling wallpaper. Since the ceiling is associated with the sky, an interesting way would be to add colorful little birds and even butterflies flying around thin dark tree branches on a white “sky” (base).
A white ceiling is a great complement for any bathroom décor, be it of a light nature or dark.
A serene wallpaper like the one mentioned above provides a light-heartedness to the entire bathroom space.
- Toile: An evergreen pattern, toile is perfect for medium to large-sized bathrooms. A perfect way to incorporate this would be by keeping the same color combination for your entire bathroom space. Toile provides a contemporary look to your bathroom without being over-the-top. However, it is suggested to not apply this pattern on all the walls. Leave one wall blank. This not only enhances the toile but the overall décor as well.
One example can be, if you have a white base bathroom with black complements or vice-versa, go for a black and white toile and leave one wall blank.
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) wallpapers: If you do not want to spend much on your bathroom wallpaper, don’t. You can still add your own personal touch in the most perfect manner by turning your bathroom wall into a canvas.
For example, pick a wall and put up colorful pages from old magazines, vintage ads, and posters of your favorite bands and sports players. The collage can add great charm to your bathroom décor. You can even add a few of your own sketches and paintings.
Other than these 6, there are many other bathroom wallpaper designs that can give your bathroom a whole new look. All you have to know is that which will be great for your bathroom space and fixtures and moreover, complement them and you as well.
1,141 total views, 4 views today