Hack It Up: 7 Effective Hacks For Your Home Décor
It can easily be said that home decoration is one such field that has infinite aspects. And for as long as humans will exist, there will always be innovation. Home décor allows you to let go of your imagination and hack in multifarious ways to make it more personalized.
From showpieces to lights to furniture, the list goes on and on.
Here are 7 effective home décor hacks for you to carry out:
- Minimalist leaning mirror: A mirror is a great addition to your home décor. But a mirror does not necessarily have to be designed by professionals. You can easily add your own personalized mirror which reflects your imagination abilities. One such way can be by using handrails to form the legs of the leaning design and placing a low-cost door mirror between them. Paint the handrails in a single bright color that contrasts with that of the background to get perfect look.
- Bar Cart: Slowly gaining prominence, a bar cart offers versatile everyday-storage. Added with 4 small wheels, this allows you to sue it as a mobile storage facility. They are perfect for wine bottles and glassware display (wherefrom it gets the name “bar” cart). It can also be used to store pads and books, to even small plant pots and glass showpieces. Opt for a copper finish for the bars and marble contact paper for the shelf surfaces to get a wholesome gorgeous look.
- Built-in bookcase Wall: This is more for all the book lovers. Built-in bookcases allow you to add your own touch to the room other than making it larger for more storage. Extending the height, painting the back panels in different colors, help in personalizing your cherished possessions. After all, is one, it is time for you to fill it up with your favorite novels in just the way you like it. This certainly adds “drama” to the overall home décor.
- Industrial light fixtures: Another home décor aspect on the rise is the industrial theme. This involves the application of metal pipes (regular, bronze or copper) for various home décor fixtures. For example, you can affix a light over your reading chair in one corner of your study. The wiring of this light fixture can easily be concealed with the help of spray-painted PVC tubing. As awkward as it sounds, this kind of design is sure to add a whole new interesting and attractive look to your home décor.
- Corkboard photo displays: This is one of the simplest ways of personalizing your home décor. All you have to do is cut a cork board into a particular geometric shape in a way that enables it to hold (with the help of pins, etc) photos and pictures clicked and drawn by you. You can also shape them in the form of your initials to have a more personalized feel. Paint it with a color that complements the background wall or rather is in contrast. Both will look great.
- Wood and copper chandelier: One of the most popular home décor combinations is that of wood and copper. One great way to incorporate this combo into your own home décor is with the help of chandeliers. Gather a wooden utensil holder and use the pipes and fittings from a copper bowl and give shape to your custom-made chandelier. This combo never fails. Period.
- Customized sconce: If you are looking for a whole new way to set a lamp, it’s simple. Customize it. For example, if you want your table lamp to not be on your table (which is a very normal feeling), a perfect way is to hang it up, right? All you have to do is just remove the base. And it is done. Now, you have a perfect sconce. Put it up with the help of a wooden fixture as a perfect complement.
Other than these 7 there are many other ways of hacking your home décor. Search them up on the internet or use your own imagination. Either way, you will be able to make your home décor look like your own.
2,778 total views, 4 views today